VoIP & Its Benefits For Your Business
Most of the businesses nowadays are using VoIP. Ever wondered what is it? Allow us to help you understand this technology and how you can use it to benefit your business.
Dictionary definition: Voice Over Internet Protocol or VoIP is a technology that allows you to make and receive telephone calls using the internet instead of a traditional phone line.
What VoIP actually does is that it converts voice calls (analog signals) into packets of data (digital signals). Just like emails, these packets of data travel over the internet. Yes, even with this conversion, you can make or receive calls to a cell phone or a landline. When making such calls, the packets of data are converted back to telephone signal (the traditional analog signal) before they reach the person you are calling.
If you have a normal landline phone, you can still make or receive calls via your VoIP service. You will need an adapter to be connected to your network for this type of setup. Apart from phone calls you can also make a computer-to-computer calls using VoIP. In this case you and the receiver will be speaking into computer microphones and listening through computer headsets or speakers.
Wondering what is requirements to use VoIP? A basic VoIP system only requires a broadband internet connection and a VoIP-enabled phone; a computer with VoIP software and a headset; or a traditional phone connected to an adapter.
VoIP is the basic internet based telephony system, there is also an evolved and more advanced option available, known as “Unified Communications”. It is a communication system that includes not just VoIP, but other services, like conferencing that combines video, data and desktop sharing. You can also instantly monitor the availability of your colleagues through this unified system.
Benefits of Using VoIP
VoIP, gives your business the following benefits:
- It allows for individual employee telephone numbers without the need for multiple physical landlines
- It reduces local and long-distance charges
- It reduces travel costs as on certain occasions your staff need not have to travel – thanks to online conferencing, a convenient way to use video calls and other collaboration tools
- It can easily make changes – adds or moves phone extensions and locations – saving your company money and giving your company more flexibility
- With the unified communications solution, your employees have more ways to collaborate – through voice calls, video chat, web conference and instant messaging
- Your customers can contact your staff more easily.
At GigE, we ensure that your organization gets the best VoIP system by using the following 5-step approach:
- Planning and Assessment
- Cost Analysis
- Long Distance Requirements
- Audio and Video Conferencing
- Implementation and Training
Contact us today to get started – (888) 366-4443.